Saturday, April 13, 2013

Blogging: Let's do this!

Well, it has been a couple of years since I published my ONE post! But I have been thinking of blogging lately as an effective way to chart my growth as a yoga teacher and to share yoga resources and discoveries with anyone who happens to see this.

Since January, I have been moving full speed ahead on my journey as a teacher and continuing student, taking workshops, reading new books and online resources, and leading a free class in my neighborhood.  Just this past week I pursued the possibility of doing a work study at a yoga studio up the street.  I start next Friday!  It's a fantastic recipricol situation, I work there for 2 hours and in exchange get 2 free classes a week.  Perfect for me since I need to go to classes more often.

Last weekend was a big exciting weekend in the world of yoga for me.  I attended the Yoga Journal Conference in NY, 4 full days of workshops.  The conference was set up so that each attendee creates their own schedule.  In all, there were 8 workshops.  I chose to study with Kathryn Budig, Dana Flynn, Seane Corn, Aadil Palkhivala, Jason Crandell, Bo Forbes, Sadie Nardini, Rodney Yee and Colleen Saidman Yee.  Since there were so many options, I was able to work with teachers I have been following for years (Rodney Yee) as well as new names to me (Sadie Nardini, Aadil Palkhivala, Dana Flynn). In an attempt to have a well rounded experience, I chose classes in a wide range, from Injury Prevention and Management in the Classroom to Yoga of Message, Marketing and Money to an Asana based class with a focus on self-reflection and conquering fears with the aid of journaling and discussion. The amount of information I took in, and the number of hours of practice I did were impressive.  Immersing myself in this world for 4 days was incredible and now, a full week later, I am still high on inspiration, while also admittedly a bit overwhelmed by all of the good stuff I experienced.

Today I am taking a class in my hood at Brooklyn Yoga Collective:
Moving Meditations Workshop with Live Cello & Beats

And tomorrow I'm doing a workshop at Shambhala: Revolve, Relax & Release: A Twisting Workshop with Wendy Devitt



Namaste


No comments:

Post a Comment